Rhuby - Pink your Drink - 2012 London
The first ever Pink Your Drink competition was held during the London Cocktail Week in 2012. Female bartenders across the UK competed for a spot in the final that took place at Raymond Blanc’s venue - the London Cocktail Club – Shaftesbury Avenue.
In front of an esteemed panel of judges - the 8 finalists were battling out by mixing wonderful Rhuby creations and demonstrating great knowledge of cocktail bartending. The panel of judges that had the difficult task of selecting a winner included:
- Ylva Binder – founder Rhuby
- Mark Ludmon – Editor, Bar magazine
- Lynnette Marrero – co – founder and creator of Speed Rack and president of LUPEC (Ladied United for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails) New York.
- Ivy Mix – Co- founder and creator of Speed Rack and member of LUPEC New York.
- Solveig Sommarström – Master Blender Rhuby and former head of lab at V & S (previous owners of Absolut)
After an hard jury deliberation, Naomi Fletcher - Hawksmoor London was crowned the first ever 'Miss Rhuby'.